|Language:||English • Español|
Legion has two components (check the architecture) Legion Web Interface and Legion Web Services. Lets have a look at their features. To see a working example of these features have a look at this Sample Project.
Legion Web Interface (LWI)
- Web interface generator and host for Desktop Grid projects.
- Optional credit economy (on a project basis).
- Project creation/modifications do not need programming or server restart.
- Template interpreter for task descriptor (config.xml - required by LWS) with Task submission form and Project variables replacement and evaluation of simple math expressions ( more).
- Task sharing between project users.
- User management.
- Users preferences for email notifications.
- Web interfaces for task progress monitoring, cancellation and result retrieval.
Legion Web Services for BOINC (LWSB)
- SOAP layer for BOINC.
- Works both under HTTP and HTTPS.
- Task creation (see more here).
- Task results can be concatenated and/or compressed the result files.
- Task progress monitoring.
- Task cancellation.
- Task results download.
- Many projects could use a single BOINC Server installation.
- Centralized BOINC Server Management (have a look here).